Principles of Communication
As members of the University of California, Riverside community and the Undergraduate Education team, we are committed to improving the effectiveness of our verbal, non-verbal, and written communication with our colleagues and partners by continually practicing:
- Respect for the integrity and professionalism of one another;
- Active listening to understand the needs and concerns of one another;
- Constructive feedback, received and offered charitably to create a safe and welcoming atmosphere for all;
- Transparency in delivering specific information in an open and timely fashion; and
- Humility by recognizing our common goals, appreciating each other’s different communication styles, and using a positive tone with one another.
As an organization, and as individuals, we will actively seek to improve our communication skills by regularly participating in development opportunities.